News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

mgnu_zp bot

Started by Shades, August 05, 2004, 10:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades

:wacko:  :angry:

Played twice a 11 games against that bot... as long as he is winning no probs appear during the games and he wins fair and square, no probs with that...

The second game I was on the leading end all the time and suddenly -surprise! :o -
that bot gets problems, disconnects... comes back and roll only winners... this can happen, I understand that... where I start to have serious doubts about how that bot is runned.... all goes smoothly when he is on the winning end, once the odds turn at his disavantage he promptly shows probs... disconnects... don't resume... plays another player thne - finaly <_< - comes to resume and amazingly rolls you off...

Final tought is : don't play that bot, he drops you when it goes wrong and comes back when the odds are -suddenly- turning to his advantage.. I ain't whining, everyone knows by now that I finish my games, winning or loosing, so, please consider my thread as a topic and not as a court martial of that  :wacko:  bot.
Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.

dorbel

diane

Excellent - I shall be filling one of those forms in immediately - I knew I was right all along  :P

Thing is though - the only real issue - is do the bots drop much - I have seen a few people now say they are dropping (I know they resume), but is there a stability problem?  It just seems like more than usual - anyone else found this?  It has never happened to me - but then I dont play em much - I know my limitations  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

nixo

Thanks for the link dorbel   ;)

Great great MOMENT  :lol:  

Shades

:huh:   ok.... I guess all you reactions are the same : lets just make fun out of it, by this I accept and apologize I had the audacity to talk about. My mistake.
:evil:  

diane

<Shudder>  please take more care with your expressions  :P

We aren't as such - there could be a problem on the dropping side - if the bots are less stable for some reason.

But the other articles around that one make very sound reading - when you see how much effort has been put into checking the dice - the only conclusion is that they are ok, and once you accept that - and focus your attention more on how you play - rather than the rolls themselves - matters often improve.

GL  :D

I am having a lot of fun wandering around these articles - this one is worth a read - says a similar thing ...dont complain about dice

yup, the more i read around those articles - turns out there is nothing new in this world after all  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

tucsonAZ

Quote:huh:   ok.... I guess all you reactions are the same : lets just make fun out of it, by this I accept and apologize I had the audacity to talk about. My mistake.
Actually it is quite normal to like or dislike a bot. I personally don't play mgnu_zp because it does not warn before dropping if I pause to think about a move. Also there was a time when mgnu_zp refused to play anyone except droppers who wished to resume a game. If a bot is not friendly and does things to annoy you other than the usual crushing defeats it administers to those that dare challenge it, take it off your list and play other bots. There are plently of friendly and courteous bots around that will steal your points while being nice about it.

tucsonAZ

Shades

Quote:huh:   ok.... I guess all you reactions are the same : lets just make fun out of it, by this I accept and apologize I had the audacity to talk about. My mistake.
Actually it is quite normal to like or dislike a bot. I personally don't play mgnu_zp because it does not warn before dropping if I pause to think about a move. Also there was a time when mgnu_zp refused to play anyone except droppers who wished to resume a game. If a bot is not friendly and does things to annoy you other than the usual crushing defeats it administers to those that dare challenge it, take it off your list and play other bots. There are plently of friendly and courteous bots around that will steal your points while being nice about it.

tucsonAZ
There are plently of friendly and courteous bots around that will steal your points while being nice about it.

and with a smile.. :lol:  

spielberg

mgnu_zp is an  old bot and has appeared to suffer from an increasingly poor net link  over the past few months - does any1 know who its programmer was?

socksey

Doesn't a simple 'whois' tell you all?

socksey

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein