News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

Bloody Mary Blues

Started by sixty_something, January 12, 2009, 03:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

KPFT - Radio for Peace
A Pacifica station
Houston, Texas

for some time now, i've encouraged players in the Bloody Mary tourney on Sundays to tune into my favorite radio station for some great blues music -- a Sunday tradition i have celebrated for well over 30 years since KPFT first started broadcasting blues on Sundays .. KPFT is a listener sponsored Pacifica radio station broadcasting at 90.1 FM out of Houston and streaming online at KPFT.org

listening today during the tourney, i called the station and spoke with the programmer (DJ), Nuri-Nuri, The Big Bossman of the Blues .. my plan was to get him to give us a shoutout or dedicate a song to us as we finished the tourney .. as many of you know, i've done this before with other programmers, like Mr. and Mrs. V, but this was my first time talking with Nuri in a long while .. it turns out, Nuri, from a middle-eastern family, was not only aware of backgammon, but said he may join us at FIBS sometime .. i think he was more excited than i was .. if he does, that'd be great and he is a class act

additionally, i saw the KPFT station manager, Dwayne, at the Townes Van Zandt Wake i attended in Galveston on New Year's Day .. he was there with his son who was soon heading to Egypt .. i forgot to mention it to Dwayne and his son that night, but will send him an email suggesting his son get to know the game as he'll be heading into another big backgammon or tabla country .. it's a small world and getting smaller

anyway, here is the KPFT Sunday schedule for reference with suggested shows highlighted;

Quote from: KPFT.org Sunday Schedule
Sunday Lineup
12 AM To 1 AM CT Hot and Bothered/A New Conversation with Men
1 AM To 4 AM CT After Hours (GLBT Issues) with Jimmy Carper & Guests
4 AM To 6 AM CT Zydeco Pas Salé with Mary Thomas
6 AM To 8 AM CT Redeye Special with Anne & Genie
8 AM To 11 AM CT Blues on the Move with Mr. & Mrs V
11 AM To 2 PM CT Blues Brunch with Nuri "The Big Bossman"
2 PM To 4 PM CT Howlin' the Blueswith the Blues Hound and Baby Girl
4 PM To 6 PM CT The Bluegrass Zone with Chris Hirsch (Adopt-A-Friend at 4:58)

6 PM To 7 PM CT The Monitor with Pokey and Mark
7 PM To 7:30 PM CT SisterSpace with Sistah Anelle
7:30 PM To 8 PM CT Street Talk with Vince Cole
8 PM To 9 PM CT Pan African Journal with Akua Holt
9 PM To 11 PM CT Self-Determination with Akua Fayette and Obidike
11 PM To 12 AM CT Community Dialogue with Clif

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me