Alright, I played with it a bit, nice start there burper.
A couple of glitches:
1. If you want to get it running on Windows, change the fc.bat file to the following line:
java -jar -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=security.policy fibscompanion.jar
2. If there is no logs folder in the folder you unpacked the companion to, create one yourself. This is a glitch with WinZip and other Windows zip archivers, they ignore empty directories.
3. After you do that, run (double-click) on the fc.bat file and wait for the companion to load.
4. Configure your client to connect to localhost, port 4321 instead of fibs.com 4321. For example, in JavaFIBS, select Server from the Preferences menu and enter localhost under host and 4321 under Port.
5. Have your client connect.
6. The only working plugin so far is RepAlert . It shows the reputations of inviting players. To bring it up, right-click (on Windows) on the FIBS Companion graphic and select Connection->RepAlert. There's a minor bug with it that shows a redundant RepBot timeout line after the reputation.
7. The entire thing seems to hang after a couple of minutes. This is possibly due to some Thread dead-lock. (see below)
8. The menu doesn't appear in the right position if you move the Companion window (it still keeps appearing at the Companion window's default position).