News:

thx MAffi Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, captainmubbers, aviator, Anonymous, Tom, roygbiv  yyy , Michael  r_monk Jade & Linus  our latest VIP donors/subscribers..cheers! they get to see special links & articles and gain much kudos.:) join them at http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

3dfibs Version 3.0.44

Started by tucsonAZ, December 06, 2005, 06:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucsonAZ

Click here to download

3DFiBs version 3.0.44

Kibitz and shout windows are now separated (for those users who can shout, kibitz chat and play and....at the same time  :rolleyes: )

the button (kibitz) that used to popup the list of auto kibitz can now be accessed with a [shift + mousedown] in the kibitz input text box

Added a menu item under options "Hide Desktop" (creates a blank background)

New user account creation should work better
Hopefully I didnt break nuthin while fixin it.

3DFiBs version 3.0.45

fixes the jf.mat file save bug. These files now default to a jf_mat folder for new users unless the registry contains a path for jellypath

Click here to download

maareyes (tucsonAZ)

diane

Kibitz and shout windows are now separated (for those users who can shout, kibitz chat and play and....at the same time  :rolleyes: )
That, in itself, might make this worth a revisit  :D  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Kari_Grandi

Great to see, Maareyes, that you're still eager
to update your fine client  :yes:  

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

Hi guys,

Thanks for the positive feedback. FiBs today is alive and thriving thanks to the active participation and contributions of many of its members, and I am happy to be part of it.

Long live FIBS !!  :D  

adamosad

A new version!!! Well Done Maareyes  :yes:  

Dale_Ward

QuoteClick here to download

3DFiBs version 3.0.44

the button (kibitz) that used to popup the list of auto kibitz can now be accessed with a [shift + mousedown] in the kibitz input text box

Added a menu item under options "Hide Desktop" (creates a blank background)

New user account creation should work better
Hopefully I didnt break nuthin while fixin it.

3DFiBs version 3.0.45

fixes the jf.mat file save bug. These files now default to a jf_mat folder for new users unless the registry contains a path for jellypath

Click here to download

maareyes (tucsonAZ)
<_<

Well, I DLed the 3.0.45 version but, when I tried to install it, I got the following error message.

"The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."

Should I have started with 3.0.44 and worked my way up?  :P

Dale_Ward

Odd thing... I decided to do just what I had jokingly suggested and discovered that v3.0.44 is actually v3.0.46.

And, it works!!  :cool:

I played a couple of games with a fellow named Biggles2 or Biggles_two... I'm sorry. I'm really bad with names.  He won both, but the first one was mighty close.  I hope he didn't get too annoyed with my lack of familiarity with the software... I will get better.

Anyway, Thanks maareyes... great program!

KDP

:cool: Great job!  As always I've found 3dfibs to be the easiest client to use and I love the new look.  I wasn't sure about the new window for the kibitz but after playing a game its not a distraction.

jonesyjt

Great job!

just a few questions though.

1).    The sounds don't work anymore  :(  Is that an easy fix?
2).    Is there any way to give us the option of saving games with the name first instead              the date?
3).    Why did the right click menu get moved to the upper corner?

Jonesy

tucsonAZ

QuoteGreat job!

just a few questions though.

1).    The sounds don't work anymore  :(  Is that an easy fix?
2).    Is there any way to give us the option of saving games with the name first instead              the date?
3).    Why did the right click menu get moved to the upper corner?

Jonesy

Hi,

(1)Sound...
Not sure why you are not getting sounds. Could be a temporary problem with the system sound driver. A reboot will usually fix that on my machine.

(2)File names..
The file save is now designed to list the games in order of played. Previous file names were a problem to find since gnubg lists them in alphabetical order. Now when the gnubg->import dialog is opened, the last file on the list will be the the one just played. No more hunting for a match or loading and anaylzing the wrong one. This feature should be working correctly now. It was faulty for a couple of versions.  I expect that this system is preferable to most users but if there are enough requests for the old version, I can consider making it an option.

(3)popup menu appearing in the corner...
This is sometimes a symptom of a change of resolution. The menu location is handled by Windows. It is not set by the program, so not much that can be done, other than try to restart the program.

PS. current version is 3.0.50

maareyes (tucsonAZ)

jonesyjt

The sounds just plain do not work anymore.  Sveral people say they won't work for them either.  It is probably more than a reboot issue.

tucsonAZ

QuoteThe sounds just plain do not work anymore.  Sveral people say they won't work for them either.  It is probably more than a reboot issue.
do you have wav files in your 3dfibs wavs subfolder?
are the sound options in preferences unchecked?
That is all I can think of.. sounds are working fine here...

maareyes (tucsonAZ)

jonesyjt

Those were the first things I looked into.  I do have wave files and talking waves are checked in preferences.

tucsonAZ

QuoteThose were the first things I looked into.  I do have wave files and talking waves are checked in preferences.
oh talking wavs.. I forgot about those. Yes those sounds were broken. Should be fixed now in version 3.0.53

click here to download

jonesyjt

Ok, you're getting closer.  It plays on your own machine, but does not send it to play on the opponents.  We all have talking wavs checked in preferences.

Thanks for the effort

tucsonAZ

QuoteOk, you're getting closer.Ã,  It plays on your own machine, but does not send it to play on the opponents.Ã,  We all have talking wavs checked in preferences.

Thanks for the effort

oops, sorry  ;) should work now. Should work with both kibitz and shouts. Let me know if it doesn't. Also it should be possible to put wav filename lines in the auto kibitz and auto shout files and select a wav sound that way. Sorry I missed that bug. I was trying to test on the same machine and could not tell which user was making the sound. I dont know how this feature got deleted in the first place. I dont remember deleting it. Very strange  <_< . Oh well... strange things happen in the world of lines of code...
Version 3.0354 download

Here are some extra wavs some are, some not on the original download ..
download wavs

They should be unzipped(moved) into the talking wavs folder of the install directory

jonesyjt

thanks we talking wav fans appreciate your work!

It plays twice when you send one, but it works again

tucsonAZ

Quotethanks we talking wav fans appreciate your work!

It plays twice when you send one, but it works again
Thank you for your patience. I remember fixing this duplicate talking wav bug once before. I must have somehow mixed up and overwritten with an older version  

Let's try again with...

download version 3.0.56

cowgirl

Way to go Tucson!!!  It's so much more fun playing Fibs now:-) :yes: