VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

month end review (2009)

Started by stog, March 31, 2009, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

first month review since migration (feb 2009) is here

as this month of March ends it is gratifying to see our statistics improved with participation and page views on a 6 month high.
more importantly i note that the core member stats show steady improvement
hence in feb we had approx 150 members visit, this month it is 180,
and a combined feb and march total of 240.

i have also been pleased to see the return and contribution of several members who have been absent for quite a while.

i feel we are now approaching a good balance of moderation and urge all to appreciate the opportunity to post their views in a considered and polite format.

i quote from elsewhere
"this is a reminder for all of us to keep to topic and put across our views without getting petty and personal. we will not, and cannot allow tirades of abuse, as may sometimes occur in FIBs shouts here on Fibsboard - this being an open public forum albeit membered by adults.

we have introduced a yellow and red card system here - as is used in football, where a yellow card is a booking - a warning -the post removed, if you get another, you get a red and you are sent off - which in a 'boarders case would mean their ability to post would be withdrawn for a period of time.

obviously we reserve the right to totally ban too.

i trust all will appreciate the opportunity to post their views in a considered and polite format"

the Fibsboard Forum Matches will be starting starting shortly .. many thx to blitzxz and factotum and all who have contributed to the setting up of this new board.....

the Front page is now i think better balanced with most recent posts and topics easily viewed (so please rebookmark fibsboard to it if you haven't already thx)

we had 2 donate/subscribers* this month from the core group and no ads.....

if you appreciate the changes made  and wish to donate (*or subscribe for just £5) please click here where you will also find the most recent stats

"we really need 3 or 4 donations/subscriptions a month from our core group (fewer than 1/4 of you all), and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to break even and for us to consider continuing the board further than the 2 years we have allocated for.....

sarah

life's so fantastic when everything's clean and tidy

diane

I am pleased to see the invigoration of the board, there certainly seems to be lots to visit for, and the stats seem to bear that out.  The card system seems good in theory - hopefully it will bear out in reality. 

Stog, you seem to be doing great at the :drive1: the month end stats are good to read :applaus: :applaus:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

29 april 09

the 2 main stats that caught my eye this month were the the no. of posts stat that has been  increasing nicely for the past 5-6 months and are further boosted this month i think because of the forum match, which is well attended, well run--thx blitzxz and factotum and everyone - really interesting comments and the polls work well as do the spoilers - so thx to eric/webrunner who set them up originally.

i have lined up the 'crew' for the next match too.....

the core group of  activated members visiting this month is in keeping with the average of well >150 seen, each month, since february, (300 in total since feb) and i was impressed to see the google analytics map show >10 000 visits from over 103 countries in the same period.

£2.40 google ad revenue for the month isn't great so the  donations we received were very welcome --- thx everyone. As the ad revenue is so low, and because of generous donors this month, we can experiment a bit.

i shall be alternating the googlead spots with some of our own ads later in the month for a few weeks as a way of demo showcasing an ad campaign ...see if you spot the product, price and what it is. i have 3 ads ready to go and i hope you like them -- i think they are different & interesting :) you might even find yourselves allowing ads if you block them at present.

remember if you have a product or service or performance you would like fibsboarders and the many guests we have visiting, to know about, why not consider a short campaign on fibsboard - we can provide the ads, or you can provide artwork/ideas whichever you prefer. Campaigns can last 2 weeks or longer and can be repeated at a future date...

to keep things everchanging, the ads occur randomly against existing googleads.and so with 3 or 4 rotations will keep fresh for a couple of weeks.......

i have removed all the paid backgammon site ads from the front page now, but if anyone comes across what they consider to be interesting well maintained sites do let us know - remember also you can post your favourite sites in the "Links" section, accessible from the top menu on the front page. i notice some reviews going on for this and that - and there is a place for reviewing books, software and the like - take a look at Articles.... why not contribute a review of your own?

shatterd so am off to bed then pack the surfboard and menagerie into the campervan tomorrow and see if i can still fit in my wetsuit  - enjoy yourselves :)

socksey

Some of the new traffic might be attributed to the influx of so many phone users on Fibs.  The numbers of Fibs users has increased considerably.  It used to hover around a hundred and now is closer to 150 or more most of the time.   ;)

The ongoing match is a great thing to keep ppl interested and posting!   :yes:

Keep up the good work, stog!   :)

socksey

"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - Kahlil Gibran

Zorba

Cool, looks like FIBSboard just needs a bit of promotion in central-Africa and central-Asia!  :laugh: Thanks for the report stog.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

stog

lol

yes indeed i am as we speak organising a flyover leaflet drop to the congolese!
asia though is doing well - double figures in most of the continents countries, although burma and shangri la valley areas seem to be an unknown

i have hopes too for a conquest in greenland

i'll get a country list out soon - having trouble with old wetsuit unfortunately, (waves are mighty my mate said - double overhead last weekend - his board is at the menders as we speak!

maybe ill take a bg board instead and play my old buddies who dont do cubes and won't let more than 5 on a bed!

have a great weekend

edit 15/10/2009 yr end report here
please see http://www.fibsboard.com/feedback-questions/approaching-end-of-first-year-t2680.0.html