News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

fb match 3 game 1 moves 1 & 2

Started by stog, November 26, 2009, 12:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

Forum (white) to move 65? a'clockwise

stog

Spoiler
ok i know the leap is usual but i hate it - rarely win with it and ive decided from now on i'm playing it like this 24/18 13/8 from now on.....  :wacko:
[close]

diane

Thanks for running the next one stog  :cool:
Spoiler
It is the leap for me  ;)
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

u not on that plane yet?  :dry:
and thx schig for entering the arena of peers and pervs sry the alliteration was too easy
wishing all a good match with spot on rolls for all!

roadkillbooks

Spoiler
I think this is a next.  Imean one person has voted the the cute 24/18, 13/8 but I would only play a move like that against someone who is clearly a weak player and cant handle complex situations at all.  It is true that most can handle both races and holding games but 24/13 is easily the best move here at 0-0
[close]

dorbel

Spoiler
You can make a case for 24/18, 13/8 at gammongo, but running is easily best otherwise.
[close]

stog

ok thx
next
schig to move 41
(ps what is gammongo? and what about 13/7 13/8 as a variation where at least when not hit one has a chance of making one's 6 point?)

diane

Quote from: stog on November 26, 2009, 12:31:10 AM
u not on that plane yet?  :dry:

It takes off at 10 tonight, but the laptop will be on my lap at all airports and when I land, so you will be getting up to the minute reports of my whereabouts, as well as game contributions  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Schigolch

Hello everybody,
gm and enjoy!
I just see I'm called the current top player, I'd rather be called the current intermediate player. Well, among my recent matches I had a few where I was rated "advanced".
My move is 24/23 13/9, since I don't see an advantage in attempting to make my 5p at this moment.

stog

thx schig you are indeed a top player! and brave to enter the den-- can you be the first to beat the combined might of the forum?

ok do we want an early cube here?

dorbel

GammonGo is, strictly speaking, when you find yourself playing the Crawford game needing 2 (or any multiple) points to win. Your opponent is in GammonSave mode. The term has widened now to include some othe non-Crawford scores, notably 4-away, 2-away. In more normal times, 24/18, 13/8 is a small error, known to be wrong but not disastrously so. 13/7, 13/8 is disastrously wrong, a blunder. I have never seen it played. Note that being hit after 24/18 only costs you 7 pips, being hit on your own bar costs you 18 pips, more than two average rolls! 24/13 is a strong play because it escapes a checker in safety. As you have rolled the largest possible roll in the starting position it makes sense to use it to enter a running game if you can.