News:

Remember if you wish to share a pic or a story, with just a selected few, use the new extended profile with custom buddy list http://www.fibsboard.com/announcements/new-ultimate-profile-a-biopicdocumentsounds-area-that-can-only-be-seen-by-b/

Main Menu

Match Triple_X vs deuce

Started by soky, August 10, 2004, 10:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soky

Triple_X proved his skills with a 11 ptr against deuce (thanks to you deuce).

I attached the mat file. (thanks to inim)
Gnubg on grandmaster level  says:

Match statistics

Player                          deuce                   Triple_X

Chequerplay statistics

Total moves                     222                     219
Unforced moves                  199                     193
Unmarked moves                    0                       0
Moves marked good               188                     174
Moves marked doubtful            14                      16
Moves marked bad                 10                      18
Moves marked very bad            10                      11
Error rate (total)              -5.328 (-46.756%)       -6.662 (-72.212%)
Error rate (per move)             -27 ( -0.235%)          -35 ( -0.374%)
Chequerplay rating              Beginner                Beginner

Luck statistics

Rolls marked very lucky           3                       5
Rolls marked lucky               14                      10
Rolls unmarked                  200                     196
Rolls marked unlucky              5                       6
Rolls marked very unlucky         0                       2
Luck rate (total)               +2.808 (+27.215%)       +2.197 ( +7.212%)
Luck rate (per move)              +13 ( +0.123%)          +10 ( +0.033%)
Luck rating                     None                    None

Cube statistics

Total cube decisions            175                     156
Close or actual cube decisions  109                      61
Doubles                           4                       7
Takes                             4                       1
Passes                            3                       3
Missed doubles (below CP)         8 (-0.620 ( -6.853%))  13 (-0.675 (-16.864%))
Missed doubles (above CP)         7 (-0.457 ( -7.614%))   8 (-0.512 ( -2.645%))
Wrong doubles (below DP)          2 (-0.353 ( -2.879%))   2 (-0.654 ( -4.175%))
Wrong doubles (above TG)          1 (-0.089 ( -1.541%))   3 (-0.982 ( -6.786%))
Wrong takes                       1 (-0.049 ( -0.240%))   0
Wrong passes                      0                       1 (-0.896 ( -4.522%))
Error rate (total)              -1.568 (-19.128%)       -3.718 (-34.992%)
Error rate (per cube decision)    -14 ( -0.175%)          -61 ( -0.574%)
Cube decision rating            Intermediate            Awful!

Overall statistics

Error rate (total)              -6.896 (-65.884%)       -10.381 (-107.204%)
Error rate (per decision)         -22 ( -0.214%)          -41 ( -0.422%)
Equiv. Snowie error rate          -16                     -24
Overall rating                  Casual player           Awful!
Actual result                    +50.00%                 -50.00%
Luck adjusted result             +30.00%                 -30.00%
Luck based FIBS rating diff.    +363.01
Error based abs. FIBS rating    1740.6                  1616.5
Chequerplay errors rating loss   297.7                   383.8
Cube errors rating loss           11.7                    49.7

Output generated Wed Aug 11 00:53:41 2004
by GNU Backgammon 0.14.3-dev 1.1616 040627 (Text Export version 1.66)

So in english: gnubg estimates deuce beeing a 1740.6 player and Triple_X a 1616.5 player.
no further comment ...

Biggles

Wow, playing with all those famous Dutch world class players for a self-proclaimed 30 years has really improved Triple_X's game.

ROFL       :lol:

Biggles
(the Most Popular Fibster)
[size=8]Winner of the inaugural Master League Tournament and countless other league and mini-tournaments......[/size]

diane

I think deuce needs carrying round the room again  :D

just out of curiosity - was anyone particularly lucky - didnt look like it to me. I have tried downloading and analysing - gnu wont have it - dont know why!  :angry:  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

EddieVedd

[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

tucsonAZ

Quote.. I have tried downloading and analysing - gnu wont have it - dont know why..
try cut and paste instead of file->save as, or open the file in a text editor and remove everything (browser comments and html tags) before "11 point match" line

Triple_X

Well ... neither deuce nor me are beginners ... so that should say enough about this "analysis"

Triple_X

dorbel

I think the point made by the analysis is that you don't even play well enough to be a beginner! This level of play is as awful as the analysis says it is, utterly braindead.

Triple_X

You're obviously missing the point here, dorbel.
Do you believe everything you read in the paper too ?

It all depends on what criteria GnuBG uses .... imho they stink.
I wonder how many high rated players on FIBS would see their playing labeled as awful/beginner .... think I know what GnuBG says most of the time .. which is of course bs !!

But hell, try telling a bunch of believers that their holy book is a fairytale ....

Another peculiar thing is that no one here of the watchers based their opinion about the match on their own observation ..... :no:
:no:

Triple_X

soky

Since my last edit the download of the mat file doesn't work and for some reason I cannot edit my post anymore.
So I add here the (zipped) mat file again.

diane

Ok - I watched the match - it was nothing out of the ordinary, I didnt see any moves I didnt expect to see - with one notable exception.  Namely, the lack of the double from XXX when 9-11 down, the game after the crawford game, especially as the match progressed and you looked like the clear winner with no hope of a gammon.

In terms of luck, deuce seemed to be having a hard time getting anything in the early stages of the match - and then it evened out.

I wanted to analyse myself to confirm what I felt about the match, and will try sokys suggestions later. In the meantime, you are nowhere near the player you claim to be - and the bots do not beat you because they predict the non random dice rolls on fibs.... they beat you because they are an awful lot better than you!!!  :P

spielberg

I too watched this match and tho Im grateful for gnubgs expert opinion (and the work involved in generating it ) feel it only confirmed what Id thought already.

If you dont even understand crawford Id love to introduce you to jacoby XXX

PS IMHO any1 who types IMHO is opinionated and unhumble

Biggles

LOL........

So another newbie has made a splash on FIBS by:

1) Dropping people and using the 'bad connection' excuse.
2) Dropping bots and admitting he gets mad at the incredible 'luck' the bots get.
3) Crowing about playing world class players for '30 years' and how good he is.
4) Being shown gnubg analysis of his matches proving once and for all that he sucks, and blowing it off as GNUBG criteria that 'stinks'.

Another in a long line of jagoffs......you can smell them a mile away.

:lol:

Biggles
(the Most Popular Fibster)
[size=8]Winner of the inaugural Master League Tournament and countless other league and mini-tournaments......[/size]

Triple_X

well, Diane, the reason the file of the match had to be sorted out by Soky was that my provider dropped the connection AGAIN ... at that time i was trying to double ... but the interface was dead ... i mistakenly thought we had already stumbled upon that stupid crawford rule ....... and of course that i couldn't double ....... talking about the beforelast game that i was winning ..... wouldn't have much difference, the score would have been 10-10 and deuce would have won the last game.
Difference between 10-11 and 9-11

Just beat soky in two 11 pointers .... 18-0 and 11-8 ..... cos i stink ;-)

That leaves the score sofar in total games after three 11 pointers: 38 for me and 17 for you lot ........ cos I stink ....... whouhahahahahahaaaa *laughing my tale off*

greetz,

Triple_X

PortWine

Quote... i mistakenly thought we had already stumbled upon that stupid crawford rule
"stupid crawford rule"?  "gnbug stinks"?

I have not been playing backgammon for 30 years so can someone explain to me which rules are "stupid" and which rules are not?

I obviously need to be educated!

Thanks,

PortWine

PS - This is an amusing thread.

EddieVedd

QuotePS - This is an amusing thread.

I'll say  :D

Getting better by the post :)
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

Triple_X

and in case somebody has doubts about the "grandiose" DHCP change my provider just performed, which is causing all the connection trouble, check out:

http://www.casema.nl/portal/page?_pageid=5...&_schema=PORTAL

Just run it through some translation site et voila ....... by all means, don't believe me but do your homework .... for a change

Triple_X

Ye, he of little faith ......  

diane

The reason i cant look at the file is other than your connection problem - since soky has managed to analyse it successfully.

Hmmm, this double that gives you such problems - experienced though you are,

Quotewouldn't have much difference, the score would have been 10-10 and deuce would have won the last game.

The only logical conclusion to that statement is that you should have resigned the match in the first game - since you were going to lose anyway.

The reason to double - since you hadnt done it at the start to try for your win - was to prevent what happened from happening, deuce got a good run of high numbers - to your poor rolls and won - it should never have got there.

Anyway - keep on - we are still getting a gliggle from it. :D

deuce

I've been reading this thread with great amusement.   Thanks for all the good wishes, folks.

Here's what I see: XXX made a grievous error.  If it is his excuse that he was distracted, or confused, SO MUCH THE WORSE.  A player who claims great skill (at great lengths) surrenders the right to be distracted or confused.  Because that's what makes you lose, hence, not great.

I also saw: refusal to take on players of better rating than I uring the shoutfest that led to my invitation (although I dunno what it is about FIBS, I rate in the upper 1700s everywhere else I play.  Ya think it could be the distractions?) presumably to make hay on the "11 point matches are for the big boys like me" line.  Well, that didn't work out too well.  And it looks a little bit cowardly, too.

I also saw: someone who had lots of opportunities to note the mistake of the missed double, while the game was still young enough for me to have taken a tardy cube.   He failed to do that, showing that he wasn't paying attention, for a good length of time.  For the person who was crowing about the score after every game to claim that he didn't know what the score was strikes me as, well, disingenuous, at best.

I still see: someone who can't admit error.  (Well, we see that all the time in shouts, too).  But this is a first day of class, BG101 lesson.  After the third roll, I messaged zyxtcba the following "No cube at two-away?  This guy's fulla s**t".

As he continues to prove himself, with every post.

I've never seen you before, xxx.   I had no preconception of your skills, or the ill-will that you seem to be intentionally generating (again, that unpleasant characteristic is not rare, here).  But you were being a blowhard, and you got taken down a peg.

Be a man, and own up to it.

That being said, damn, it was fun being carried around the room!  

:lol:  

Triple_X

You guys don't seem to want to grasp the essence here ... preferring wisecracks and cheap shots and yapping after the other guy like a bunch of parrots, all under the motto "if I get the laughers on my hand, they might think I am right"...... wrong, you will only convince the feeble of mind or character.

I never had a really great impression about humanity as a whole anyway and i guess at FIBS it's no different than your average cross section of the population, so be it, your loss ........

Triple_X

"Quantity is by no means a garantee for quality"

deuce

We're "not grasping the essence"?

I see.

I shall distill the essence, then, as I see it.  Please, enlighten me about what I'm missing.

You brag about your skill.  You make a bonehead error that belies the claim.

Those to whom you bragged find this amusing.  (A well-timed come-uppance is one of the "essences" of comedy, after all.)

What have I missed, here, that's so "essential"?

May I note that while you don't have a high opinion of humanity, humanity doesn't seem to think that much of you, either.  It's a two-way street.  Karmic, even.

If humanity is so unappealing to you, you might want to re-examine the one common factor in your interaction with humans, namely, your behavior.   Perhaps "humanity" isn't the problem, here.

:stupid3: